SpaGuard’s Stain and Scale Control prevents corrosion and metal staining on hot tub surfaces, fixtures, and equipment. The concentrated liquid formula sequesters metals and minerals to prevent them from effecting the performance of the jets, the heater element, the filters, and many other components of the hot tub. A metal stain that has appeared on a hot tub surface in the last few days can be removed using Stain and Scale Control.
Available Size: 473mL
How to Use Stain and Scale Control at Start Up
- After filling your hot tub with fresh water, add 25mL (2.5 capfuls) of Stain and Scale Control for every 1,000L of hot tub water
- Close the jet air dials and run the pump for 30 minutes
How to Use Stain and Scale Control for Weekly Maintenance
- Add 15mL (1.5 capfuls) of Stain and Scale Control for every 1,000L of hot tub water
- Run the pump for 15 minutes
DO NOT APPLY STAIN AND SCALE CONTROL WHEN PEOPLE ARE IN THE HOT TUB
Wait 15 minutes after applying Stain and Scale Control to use the hot tub
Tips for Using Stain and Scale Control
- To remove a fresh metal stain, apply the maintenance dose to the hot tub water as close as possible to the stain and rub the stain with a soft, non-abrasive cloth
- If you shock your hot tub within 6 hours of adding Stain and Scale Control, the high levels of chlorine or bromine will break it down
Stain and Scale Control is part of your weekly hot tub maintenance. Use Natural Spa Enzyme, Polysheen and Optimizer Plus in addition to Stain and Scale Control to keep your hot tub running smoothly.