Aquachek Bromine Test Strips is a convenient, quick and easy at home water test for both pool and hot tub that allows for testing of total Bromine, pH, Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness. This 4-in-1 test strip will provide results in seconds and give pool and hot tub owners a quick look into their water balance without needing to be a water testing expert.
Available sizes: 1 bottle (50 test strips)
How to Use Bromine Test Strips
- Submerge one strip 6 inches or wrist-deep into body of water you wish to test.
- Remove the strip from the water, hold up for 15 seconds allowing the colours to change. Do not shake the water off the strip.
- Align the strip to the chart on the back of the bottle and compare the colours on the the strip to the colours on the chart.
- Match the closest colour on the strip to the chart which will indicate the balance for your water.
General Tips for Using Bromine Test Strips
- After the test strip has changed colour it will provide the most accurate comparison within the first 15 seconds after which the colours can shift into a false reading.
- If the edges of the pad look a different colour than the middle, use the middle of the pad for the most accurate reading.
- Test strips should always be stored inside or in cool and dry environment.
Tips for Hot Tub Owners
- It is ideal to submerge your test strip close to the center of the hot tub for the most accurate reading.
- For testing in the winter you can collect a water sample with a glass or bowl and perform the test in your house.
Tips for Pool Owners
- It is ideal to submerge your test strip around the skimmer area of the pool for the most accurate reading.
For more accurate testing of your pH see our Basic Drop Test Kit.