Boss 802 Acetoxy Silicone is a one part, mildew resistant sealant designed for sealing spa jets, skimmers, fittings and most repair and maintenance applications.
Service Temperature: -40°F to 400°F (-40°C to 204°C)
Application Temperature: -35°F to 140F (-37°C to 60°C)
- Clean and dry surface. Remove any soap, oil or greases.
- Cut tip off cartridge just above threads. Screw on nozzle and cut on 45° angle to desired bead size. Insert cartridge into standard caulking gun.
- For a smooth seal, hold at 45° angle and apply by pushing sealant ahead of nozzle.
- Tooling must be completed in 5 minutes. Remove excess with dry paper towel.
- Normally sealant “skins” in 5 minutes, dries to touch in 1 hour, and cures and bonds in 24 hours. Optimum strength is achieved in 7 days.
- After sealant is completely cured, excess material can be removed by trimming with a sharp blade. Avoid undercutting the seal.
- RESEALABLE: if entire contents are not used, extrude 3/8″ of sealant beyond nozzle opening. When ready to reuse pull out cured plug. ENTIRE CONTENTS SHOULD BE USED WITHIN 12 MONTHS.
Uncured sealant can be easily removed using a solvent such as alcohol or acetone. If the sealant is cured it must be removed mechanically by cutting and scraping.