SaltScapes Sunshield Stabilizer is designed to protect the chlorine generated by the salt cell from burning off in the sunlight. Without stabilizer in a salt pool, your salt cell will have to produce much more chlorine to meet the demand of the water causing your salt cell to have a reduced life span. Protecting your chlorine makes a salt pool easier to maintain and reduces the overall costs of a salt pool because you will not have to change your salt cell as often and ensures chlorine is always present in the water for proper sanitization.
Salt Pool Truth 1: Salt cells generate unstabilized chlorine, which gets burned off when exposed to UV.
Available size: 2.75kg
How to Use SunShield Stabilizer:
- Backwash filter if you have a sand filter or check your cartridge filter for adequate pressure
- Empty pump basket and skimmer basket
- Add up to 300g of SunShield Stabilizer per 10,000L of pool water
- Pour SunShield Stabilizer very slowly through the skimmer with the basket in place. You want to avoid it clumping in the pipes
- If you have non-plastic pipes, broadcast SunShield Stabilizer over the pool and brush undissolved product from the bottom of the pool
- Let the pump run continuously for 48 hours after adding SunShield Stabilizer
- Do not backwash or clean filter for 48 hours
- If you need more than the maximum dosage of SunShield Stabilizer, repeat the process
DO NOT APPLY SUNSHIELD STABILIZER WHEN SWIMMERS ARE IN THE POOL
Wait 15 minutes after applying SunShield Stabilizer to go swimming
Tips for Using SunShield Stabilizer
- Stabilizer can take up to 1 week from application to appear on your water test
- It is very important to add SunShield Stabilizer slowly to the skimmer, so it does not clump in your pipes
- If your pool does not have enough salt, your salt cell will not produce chlorine.
- Make sure you are getting an accurate reading of your stabilizer with Chlorine Test Strips.