BioGuard Pool Magnet Plus is BioGuard’s ultimate problem solving chemical when faced with any metal issues in pool chemistry. Whether you are dealing with fresh metal stains or want to prevent any further metal staining, the chelating agent in Pool Magnet Plus will stop any foreign metals in the water from causing problems in the pool.
Available size: 946mL
How to Use to Prevent Stains:
- If you have a sand filter, backwash it and make sure your pump is running 24/7 until the metals are removed. Bring a water sample to the store to verify the metals are gone.
- 250mL of Pool Magnet Plus should be added for every 1.0ppm of metals per 10,000L of pool water to a maximum of 750mL per 10,000L
- Add directly to the pool, concentrating around any already existing stains.
How to Use Weekly:
- If you have a sand filter, backwash it and make sure your pump is running 24/7
- 250mL of Pool Magnet Plus should be added for every 10,000L of pool water
How to Use for Removing Fresh Stains:
- Turn off pump for 8 hours and wait.
- Slowly add 1L – 3L of Pool Magnet Plus as close to the surface of the water as possible directly on the stains
- Do not swim or operate pump for 24 hours.
- Turn the pump back on and let it run 24/7 until the metals are removed
- Brush the pool daily for a week, concentrating on where the stains are.
DO NOT APPLY POOL MAGNET PLUS WHEN SWIMMERS ARE IN THE POOL
Wait 15 minutes after applying Pool Magnet Plus to go swimming unless instructions state otherwise
Tips for Using Pool Magnet Plus
- The Pool Magnet Plus bottle has measuring marks on the side to make for easy application
- Before using Pool Magnet Plus to remove stains, make sure your pool is clear and free of visible algae
- If you want to put your pump on a timer, remove the metals completely from the water