BioGuard Hibernate 80 kit is perfect for most inground pools. It will treat up to 80,000L of water. This closing kit contains BioGuard Hiber Shock and BioGuard Hibernate Algicide II. Hiber Shock is a long-lasting powder chlorine that will give your pool more protection than a regular shock over winter. Hibernate Algicide II is a long-lasting algaecide that can be added to the pool at the same time as the Hiber Shock.
Available size: 946mL BioGuard Hibernate Algicide II and 800g BioGuard Hiber Shock
How to Use Hibernate 80:
- Add BioGuard Hiber Shock to the pool, 2/3 in the deep end and 1/3 in the shallow end
- If the pool temperature is less than 70⁰F, pre-dissolve each pouch of Hiber Shock in 4L of water
- Pour BioGuard Hibernate Aligicide II into the pool, 2/3 in the deep end and 1/3 in the shallow end
DO NOT APPLY HIBERNATE 80 IF YOU ARE NOT PLANNING ON CLOSING THE POOL
Hibernate 80 is specifically designed to be used at closing and no one should go swimming once it has been used.
Tips for Hibernate 80
- Your pool needs are different over the winter. Bring in a water test before using Hibernate 80 to ensure your pool is properly balanced for winter.
- If you have an above ground pool, consider using BioGuard’s Hibernate 40 closing kit
- Salt pools should use BioGuard’s Hibernate Deluxe 80 kit, which will help prevent scaling over the winter
- If you have a salt pool, consider cleaning your salt cell using Cell Cleaner and putting Hibernate Premium Antifreeze in the pump to prevent seizing over winter.