SaltScapes pH Reducer is used to lower the pH level in salt pools, which helps to prevent scaling, cloudy water, and makes your sanitizer more efficient. Additionally, it improves bather comfort by helping maintain a pH level between 7.4-7.6. Salt pools’ pH will increase over time, so reducing the pH becomes common maintenance for a salt pool. Before adding SaltScapes pH reducer, ensure that the Total Alkalinity is properly balanced otherwise you may experience unintended results. The granular product is completely soluble and will quickly lower the water’s pH after adding.
Salt Pool Truth 2: Whenever your salt system is producing chlorine, your pH level will be raised.
Available size: 4kg
How to Use:
- Use the table below to figure out how much pH Reducer to add to your pool.
pH Reading 7.7 – 8.0 8.1 – 8.4 8.4+ Amount needed per 10,000L 90g 150g 250g
- Add directly to the pool water with pump in operation.
DO NOT APPLY pH REDUCER WHEN SWIMMERS ARE IN THE POOL
Wait 15 minutes after applying pH Reducer to go swimming
Tips for Using pH Reducer
- pH Reducer is much safer to use than muriatic acid.
- pH Reducer can also lower Total Alkalinity. Please check your Alkalinity level before adding.
- pH Reducer should not be added the same day as Balance Pak 100.
- Check your pH using Chlorine Test Strips before you add pH Reducer
- If your pool does not have enough salt, your salt cell will not produce chlorine.