BioGuard Filter Brite is used as part of your filter cleaning process for both sand and cartridge filters. In cartridge filters, Filter Brite is designed to breakdown stuck on organic contaminants, oils, and dirt that can not be removed from a simply rinsing the cartridges. Over time sand inside a sand filter will clump together allowing water to pass through with limited filtration. Filter Brite will help loosen up the sand inside the filter, prevent channeling, and return the sand to a nice level bed for optimum filtration. Use Filter Brite during the closing or opening of the pool to ensure the filter is ready for the pool season. A properly cleaned filter will always last longer and provides clearer water.
Available size: 250g
How to Use in a Sand Filter:
- Backwash filter for 3min – 5min, turn the pump off, and return the filter dial to ‘Filtration’ position
- Open the pump lid and empty the pump basket.
- Dilute 250g of Filter Brite in 20L of tap or hose water and add the diluted solution to pump basket before turning the pump on
- After 10 – 20 seconds, or when strainer is empty, turn off pump and close the lid. Do not turn on the pump for 6 hours
- After 6 hours, backwash the filter for 3min – 5min, return to filtration
How to Use for Cartridges:
- Open Cartridge Filter cannister and remove cartridges following owners manual instructions. Rinse off debris using a hose with a focalized jet nozzle/beam of water until clean
- Place filters in a large bucket or garbage pail. Fill with water until filters are covered. Pull filters out before adding Filter Brite, this prevents overflow when inserting the filters into the diluted solution.
- Dilute 250g Filter Brite in approx. 20L or the water that is in the pail, add the filter cartridges and soak overnight in the solution
- Remove and rinse cartridges, place them back in the filter cannister
DO NOT USE POOL FOR 15 MINUTES AFTER USEI
Wait until pool system is running again before going swimming
Tips for Using Filter Brite
- Place filter cartridges in a bucket and cover them with water before diluting Filter Brite solution to ensure bucket does not overflow
- Do not use Filter Brite if people are going to swim in the next 6 – 8 hours
- Pool Complete helps any filter keep your pool clean and clear
- If you have a cloudy or hazy pool, Clarifying Tablets will help your sand filter clear up your pool
- If your pool is cloudy or hazy, Polysheen Blue will help your cartridge filter clear up your pool