SaltScapes Cell Cleaner is a highly concentrated liquid helps remove stuck on scale inside a salt cell. Scale on the inside of the salt cell can lead to reduced chlorine production or no chlorine production at all. SaltScapes Cell Cleaner keeps the chlorine generator running at peak performance.
Salt Pool Truth 3: Chalky-white calcium scale deposits will form on your salt cell’s walls due to the environment in the cell.
Available size: 946mL
How to Use Cell Cleaner:
- 1 full bottle of Cell Cleaner is used each time you clean your salt cell
- Turn off your pool pump and remove your salt cell according to the manufacturer’s directions
- Cap one end of your salt cell with a water tight cap or a salt cell stand and place the cell sealed side down in a bucket
- Fill the entire salt cell with Cell Cleaner
- If you have not cleaned your salt cell in a while, it may start to foam. This is normal. Wait for the foaming to subside and keep pouring Cell Cleaner in until the salt cell is full
- Leave the Cell Cleaner in the cell for 15 – 30 minutes.
- If you experienced a lot of foaming, leave it soak for 30 minutes
- Pour the used Cell Cleaner into the deepest part of the pool
- Rinse the salt cell with your garden hose and reinstall it in your system following the manufacturer’s directions and restart your pool pump
- Rinse the bucket and any surfaces where Cell Cleaner spilled during the process
DO NOT USE THE POOL WHILE THE SALT CELL IS BEING CLEANED
Wait until the salt cell is back in the system before swimming
Tips for Using Cell Cleaner
- Salt cells should be cleaned at least once per season. It is easiest to do it when you close the pool or right before you open it.
- Salt cells full of scale might not produce any chlorine. Try cleaning the salt cell before you buy a new one.
- Make sure your salt levels are high enough in your pool or your cell will not produce chlorine