BioGuard Burn-Out is our most concentrated premium high-powered chlorine shock that is used to quickly eliminate bacteria, algae, and other organic contaminants. Its quick-dissolving granular formula can be used without the fear of the product bleaching vinyl and plaster pools. No need for messy pre-dissolving. Burn-Out restores the health and clarity of your pool water. Additionally, Burn-Out is packaged in a convenient pouch for quick application making it easy to get the correct dosage for your pool. Best of all Burn-Out will not leave any bi-products behind that could cause problems with pool chemistry.
Available sizes: Pouch (400g), Case (12 x 400g)
How to Use Burn-Out:
- Add 100g of Burn-Out for every 10,000L of pool water
- Broadcast 2/3 of the product to the deep end and 1/3 to the shallow end of the pool
- If the water is lower than 70 F (20 C) you will need to premix Burn-Out. When doing this, always add Burn-Out to water. Do not add water to Burn-Out.
- Leave the pump running continuously for at least a day after adding Burn-Out to the pool
- Test your pool water the next day
- If the chlorine level is at 0ppm, add the same dose of Burn-Out again
DO NOT USE BURN-OUT WHILE SWIMMERS ARE IN THE POOL
Wait until chlorine levels are below 6ppm before allowing swimmers into the pool
Tips for Using Burn-Out
- If you are dealing with algae, read our How to Remove Green Algae from a Pool page to see how Burn-Out will help get rid of algae
- If your pool temperature is under 70oF, premix Burn-Out to ensure there is no staining
- Banish is a great way to prevent more algae from growing if you are trying to get rid of algae in your pool
- To help clear a cloudy or hazy pool use Clarifying Tablets if you have a sand filter, and Polysheen Blue if you have a cartridge filter