BioGuard Balance Pak 300 is used to raise the calcium hardness in pool water. The proper calcium levels will prevent corrosion of plastics and metals. Calcium is an important parameter for concrete pools as low levels will cause etching to the walls and the grout and mortar between tiles, which is extremely expensive to repair. Balance Pak 300 can be pre-mixed in water or added directly to the pool to quickly increase the calcium hardness in the water. It is recommended that only 2kg – 3kg of Balance Pak 300 should be added every 6 hours.
Available sizes: 2.5kg, 8kg
How to Use:
- 100g of Balance Pak 300 will raise the calcium hardness of 10,000L of pool water by 10ppm.
- Divide total amount required by 3 if you are adding more than 1kg of Balance Pak 300 per 10,000L of water. Add one dose every 6 hours to prevent cloudy water.
- If you are pre-mixing Balance Pak 300:
- Fill a bucket 2/3 full of water.
- Add Balance Pak 300 to the bucket. Always add Balance Pak 300 to water. Do not add water to Balance Pak 300.
- Mix with the attachment end of your pool pole until it is dissolved. Do not mix with your hands. The mixture will heat up.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture in the deepest part of the pool and 1/3 in the shallow end.
- If you are adding Balance Pak 300 directly to the pool:
- Broadcast the Balance Pak 300 into the deepest part of the pool.
- Use your pool brush to brush any undissolved granules off pool surfaces until it is dissolved. This product does not cause stains.
DO NOT APPLY BALANCE PAK 300 WHEN SWIMMERS ARE IN THE POOL
Wait 15 minutes after applying Balance Pak 300 to go swimming
Tips for Using Balance Pak 300
- Calcium hardness usually only goes down when fresh water is added to the pool. Bring in a water test once a month to check your levels.