BioGuard Balance Pak 100 is used to raise the total alkalinity in pool water, which helps to prevent pH fluctuation from heavy bather load, chemicals, heavy rainfall, and organic matter. Having a low total alkalinity can cause pool water to become corrosive, which can lead the water to start staining surfaces, become irritating to bathers, and cause damage to the pool equipment or permanent liner wrinkles. The finely ground granular is completely soluble, so it won’t leave behind biproducts that can cause the water to go cloudy.
Available sizes: 1kg, 4.25kg, 10kg, 15kg
How to Use:
- 180g of Balance Pak 100 will raise the alkalinity of 10,000L of pool water by 10ppm.
- Add directly to the pool water with pump in operation.
DO NOT APPLY BALANCE PAK 100 WHEN SWIMMERS ARE IN THE POOL
Wait 15 minutes after applying Balance Pak 100 to go swimming
Tips for Using Balance Pak 100
- Rain usually causes your pool’s alkalinity to go down. You will usually need to add Balance Pak 100 after a storm.
- If your alkalinity is below 40, we recommend you bring a water sample to the store. We will do a comprehensive water analysis to ensure there’s nothing else that could cause future problems.
- Make sure you are getting an accurate reading of your alkalinity with either Bromine Test Strips or Chlorine Test Strips.