Beachcomber Protect is designed to raise the calcium hardness in hot tub water. This protects your hot tub equipment and components, such as the jets, from etching. Additionally, it prevents corrosion and calcium scale when calcium hardness levels are 150ppm – 200ppm. This granular product is very coarse and must be pre-mixed before adding it to the hot tub.
Available Size: 500g
How to Use Protect
- 15g, or 1 tbsp, of Protect will raise the calcium hardness of 1,000L of hot tub water by 10ppm
- Fill a bucket with approximately 1L of hot tub water
- Add required amount of Protect to the bucket and swirl bucket around until dissolved
- Always add Protect to water. Do not add water to Protect.
- Do not use your hands to mix Protect and water
- Add mixture directly to hot tub and let the jets run for at least 15 minutes
DO NOT APPLY PROTECT WHEN PEOPLE ARE IN THE HOT TUB
Wait 15 minutes after applying Protect to use the hot tub
Tips for Using Protect
- Calcium hardness should only have to be balanced once every time you drain and fill the hot tub
- If your calcium level is consistently decreasing, monitor your hot tub’s water level over a week